Fully automated order picking control
SSI Schaefer developed an efficient solution to avoid errors in order picking and enable the traceability of orders according to legal regulations. The new SSI Order Verifier allows you to check and document outgoing shipments entirely automatic. As a result, you will lower your error rate to virtually zero and comply with the requirements of Six Sigma.
The SSI Order Verifier reaches a throughput of up to 6,000 items per hour, the equivalent of roughly 300 boxes. In just one single step, the products are identified, verified and recorded. The underlying technology is extremely accurate and already patent-pending.
In comparison to manual or semi-automatic verifying, the cost benefits may amount to 95%. Most likely, the Order Verifier will therefore pay for itself within two years.
The savings you will realise with the Order Verifier, come from two directions. On the one hand, you reduce error rates and hence lower the number of returns. On the other hand, you will fully automate the order checking process. The system can be used as a stand-alone solution or as an add-on to existing facilities, making it suitable for expansion projects.
- fully automated identification and record-keeping
- suitable for products weighing up to 1 kg and measuring 50x15x10 mm up to 300x200x200 mm
- max. throughput of 6,000 items/h (equivalent of roughly 300 boxes/h)
- length of conveyors for separation will be adjusted according to product portfolio
- product identification through a six-sides scan at a speed of 2.5 m/s
Mode of Operation
In a first step, the picked items are delivered by containers and emptied onto a conveyor belt. During conveying, the products are separated and transported into the scanner box. Inside the scanner box, each product is scanned and recorded at a speed of 2.5 m/s.
Depending on the requirements, this is done either with 1D bar codes, 2D matrix codes or RFID transponders. In a final step, the products are re-united in boxes and continue their way to the customer.
Advantages of the SSI Order Verifier
- Complies with legal regulation of Track & Trace
- Achieves quality level Six Sigma
- Complete record-keeping in distribution
- Automation of control processes
- Simple integration into your system
- Reads 1D and 2D bar codes (matrix codes), as well as RFID transponders
- Conforms to the requirements of the Pedigree Law
- Break-even in less than 2 years