SSI SCHAEFER Noell realises automobile logistics centre
Volkswagen de Mèxico in Puebla has over 15,000 employees working in 3-shift operation to produce approx. 1500 cars each day, including the Jetta, New Beetle, Golf Cabrio and Beetle/Sedan.
The increase in production of over 60% between 1991 and 2001 due to new models and versions, required new and efficient logistics concepts. Among eight tenderers, SSI SCHAEFER Noell was chosen as the general contractor.
The sophisticated total concept convinced the decision-makers as did the tried and trusted technology for an optimum price/performance ratio. The innovative logistics centre combines many benefits of process optimisation: Transparency and cost-savings based on reducing space consumption and personnel, removing duplicated functions and reducing the numbers of industrial trucks and HGVs.
- Save warehousing and personnel costs
- Faster response options at peak times
- Organisation of the flow of goods in the plant
- Reduce error quota
- Sequenced provision
- Information and consulting
Just give us a call:
+49 (0) 2735 701We are going to help you!
- The project in detail
Our range of products and services:
Optimisation of the interim storage of production parts and the prompt supply of parts to the production line
- Creation of the logistics concept
- Implementation planning
- General contractor: Turnkey installation (roof/wall/building technology, sprinkler, base plate)
- Mini-load and small parts store
- Delivery of system pallets
- IT, WMS (miniload, small parts store, warehouse management and control system for manual storage) line supply