New high bay warehouse for the efficient storage of lager and pils
Using the latest plant technology and a precisely customised Warehouse Management System (WMS), SSI Schaefer in Giebelstadt has implemented largescale automation and optimisation of the complex warehouse processes from Budweiser Budvar, Czech Republic with optimal space utilisation.
Among beer connoisseurs, the original Budweiser lager is one of the best beers in the world. In Germany alone, more than 200,000 hl are sold each year and the trend is on the rise. In this context, a continuous modernisation process of the filling lines and internal logistics has taken place at Budvar since 2005. Latest development at the České Budějovice production site: The 26 m high bay racking system. In 3 aisles there are 3,000 pallet storage spaces available, directly connected to the production area.
Maximising warehouse capacity and throughput with optimum space utilisation
Up to 50 HGVs are now loaded at the outgoing goods gates each day to deliver the beer to more than 50 countries in the world. With a height of 26 m, the construction of a conventional steel or steel/concrete hall construction was quickly rejected for timebased, engineering and financial reasons.
Instead, the decision was made in favour of setting up a high bay warehouse. Sandwich panels with high insulation effect and fire protection class as well as heat transfer flaps installed on the roof provide the necessary thermal conditions here. Another special feature: A large, 3-aisle compilation and supply area has been set up lengthwise in front of the high bay warehouse. The first line of racking in the first aisle is designed for double-deep storage. In the two other aisles, the storage area is single-deep.
- Extra storage capacity for additional production lines
- Optimised utilisation of limited existing space
- High bay warehouse for storing non-stackable boxed goods
- Hundred percent process control and minimised order picking errors
- Automation and integration of various storage processes such as RFID into one central Warehouse Management System
- Increased throughput
- Scalable storage system to accommodate future increases in capacity
“A compact, future-proof solution all from one source.”
Pavel Panek, Head of Logistics and Purchasing at Budweiser Budvar.
- Information and consulting
Just give us a call:
+49 (0) 2735 701We are going to help you!
- The project in detail
Our Scope of Supply and Services
- Compilation of logistics concept
- Planning of realisation
- Steel-frame construction
- Roof and wall
- Pallet conveyor system
- Storage and retrieval machines
- Warehouse Management and Control System